marbles roll- we all know that. where do they roll? around. where ever they can roll. they will not sit still if they have to. maybe i should learn something from them... to be specific- they always try to go towards the ground. From high to low. i do not wish to copy that specifically. marbles get a thumbs up from me- especially when there's many of them rolling around. ESSENTIAL MARBLE MEDIA: Marble games- Marble Blast Gold Marble it up Venenith Marble race videos Real Life Marble Games Marble Coasters Marble Carnival Arcade game ADJACENT MEDIA: Rube Goldberg machines First Person Hot Wheel Videos Bouncy Balls SPIRITUAL SUCCESSORS: Rollercoasters Dominos Certain Magnets BEST TYPES: Cat's eye marbles Metal marbles Clear marbles NOT MARBLES: Super Monkey Ball That One Episode Of Squid Games DOES NOT Represent Marbles
Rollercoasters are excitement, on rails. What you will experience on a roller coaster everyone else will experience. In my past and even still now, there was nothing I wanted more than to see POVs of roller coasters. I wanted to feel like I was there. I poured over a book of top 10 roller coasters. I scraped through flash games at school, looking for one that could give me some of that 3d goodness. I played rollercoaster rush on my brother's friend's iPod as they played Halo 3. I was thrilled by the bits of movies where characters would slide down things and then the camera would enter a first person view, ala Spy Kids 3, Barnyard, and Hot Wheels World Race. Eventually I found Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 while at a roller coaster based summer education camp. I knew of Roller Coaster Tycoon before, but 3 actually let you enter the first person when building coasters. The rest of the game didn't matter. I have a dusty memory of playing a roller coaster game where you built coast...
if you listen to music, you can probably name a few examples of artist who lost "it". at one point they were good, but then they lost it somehow. every release since that/those classic album(s) gets further from what you loved in the first place. i worry about that! and i probably shouldn't. join me as i try and talk myself down from this statement. i will be using an experimental new way to visualize my thoughts. "it" is subjective. "it" is entirely your own opinion. to an artist or another viewer, they may still think they have "it" or maybe even are closer to the "it" they envision. sometimes artists effectively fall off for good, with the entire public turning on them. is this not the fate i fear? it doesn't matter what others think if the artist feels fulfilled doesn't work if art is your career. you need to make money to survive. worrying about losing “it” will make you lose it. trust your art and your taste. this crea...
Comments
Post a Comment